WHAT IT IS
- June 6, 2017: Forbes published a story about how President Donald Trump used his son Eric Trump’s charity organization to funnel money into the Donald J. Trump Foundation.
- The article notes spikes in the price of assets for Eric Trump’s annual golf charity tournaments, despite his claim of obtaining the tournament assets for free.
- The Eric Trump Foundation (public charity) raises money for children’s cancer research, including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis.
- The New York Attorney General is currently investigating the foundation.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
- Eric Trump has since denied the claims, stating “Contrary to recent reports, at no time did the Trump Organization profit in any way from the foundation”.
- According to the organization’s website, Eric Trump officially resigned from his position as director of the Eric Trump Foundation as of December 31, 2016.
- Forbes published a story regarding Eric Trump giving donor money for his organizations to other foundations.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
- Look over some of the organization’s IRS forms here.
- Watch a video explaining Forbes’ story on the Eric Trump Foundation.